- Telomeres Astragaloside IV (98%) dietary supplement for enhanced telomere health that is formulated with MoleculeCap Technology
- Manufactured in USA by an FDA registered, NSF certified GMP facility, and tested by third party laboratories
- Potent, active ingredients
- Pharmaceutical grade tablets
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Women who are pregnant, nursing, or planning on becoming pregnant should not take this supplement. Individuals with autoimmne diseases should not take this supplement.
Astragaloside IV is the primary active ingredient of astragalus that has been used as a medical herb in Chinese cultures for over 1,000 years [1-3]. Research shows that astragaloside IV helps enhance telomere survival (telomeres are the sequences of DNA at the ends of chromosomes) and subsequently influences the health of lung, brain, mammary, endothelial, and hematopoietic cell, among others [1-3]. Astragaloside IV-enhanced telomere activity also promotes immune system function, cell longevity, anti-aging, and overall health [4-6].
Boost telomere health ; DNA and Cellular Health/Longevity [1-3]
Research shows that astragaloside IV functions as a telomerase activator. Telomerase is the enzyme that is responsible for maintaining the length of telomeres by adding of guanine-rich repetitive sequences to the ends of telomeres [1-3]. Telomeres are the sequences of DNA at the ends of chromosomes. Enhanced telomerase activity leads to the maintenance of long telomeres, which increases cell survival, this enzyme also influences the activity of immune system cells, and the ability of astragaloside IV to reactivate the telomerase enzyme also leads to anti-aging as this enzyme protects the ends of chromosomes [4-6]. Previous studies reported that astragaloside IV could not be absorbed easily in human body due to degradation by stomach acid . For this supplement, a Proprietary Nanotechnology Formulation Technology called MoleculeCap TM was used to boost the absorption of astragaloside IV by up to three times in comparison to other formulations that are currently on the market. Therefore, astragaloside IV in Telomeres UP will no longer be degraded by stomach acid, and it can subsequently travel through the intestine intact for the best absorption.
Key Ingredients: 98% Astragaloside IV 25 mg
All Ingredients: 98% Astragaloside IV 25 mg
Adults take 1 tablet once daily or as directed by a physician. Do not exceed the recommended dose. Individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before taking this product. Product needs to be kept cool and dry.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Yung LY, Lam WS, Ho MK, et al. Astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol stimulate the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in multiple cell types. Planta Med. 2012;78(2):115-21.
2. Bensky D, Gamble A, Kaptchuk TJ. Chinese herbal medicine: materia medica. Revised edition. Seattle: Eastland Press; 1993: 581
3. Chen G, Huang W. Progress in pharmacological effects of compositions of Astragalus membranaceus. Chin J New Drugs 2008;17:1482-1485.
4. Wang Y, Li X, Song C, Hu Z. Effect of astragaloside IV on T, B lymphocyte proliferation and peritoneal macrophage function in mice. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2002;23:263-266.
5. Xu H, You C, Zhang R, Gao P, Wang Z. Effects of Astragalus polysaccharides and astragalosides on the phagocytosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by macrophages. J Int Med Res 2007;35:84-90.
6. Fauce SR, Jamieson BD, et al. Telomerase-based pharmacologic enhancement of antiviral function of human CD8+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol 2008;181:7400-7406.
7. Huang CR, Wang GJ, et al. Absorption enhancement study of astragaloside IV based on its transport mechanism in caco-2 cells. Eur J Drug Metab Pharmacokinet. 2006;31(1):5-10.