- Excellent CC cream without any harmful ingredients
- Formulated with organic ingredients: aloe, coconut oil, malic acid apple juice
- Goes on smooth without a white cast
- Reef safe zinc oxide formula
- Tinted sunscreen comes in 7 shades: Natural Glow, Rosy Glow, Beach Glow, Desert Glow, Warm Glow, Sun-kissed Glow and Deep Glow
- 20% non-nano zinc oxide
- Broad spectrum sun protection
- Helps reduce fine lines & smooths face
- Formulated without parabens, petroleum, propylene or butylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, pesticides, phthalates, artificial dyes or synthetic fragrances.
- Organic Malic acid (apple juice) provides antioxidant activity to help promote beautiful skin.
- Organic aloe leaf juice helps improve hydration and skin's natural moisture content.
There are limited color shades for darker skin tones
Zinc demonstrates anti-inflammatory activity that is linked to its ability to target skin problems such as acne and it also speeds up the body's natural wound healing capabilities [1-4]. Zinc oxide is frequently added to sunscreens as an inorganic physical sun blocker and a zinc-deficiency is associated with oxidative stress-induced aging due to free radicals and oxygen reactive species, which are skin-damaging particles that zinc targets [13, 14].
JoJoba oil is frequently added to skin products (e.g. sunscreen) and it helps reduce the signs of skin aging as well as the occurrence of skin infections .
Zinc supports skin health by promoting detoxification and it also has anti-inflammatory properties that heighten the wound healing process [1-4]. Zinc oxide is frequently added to sunscreens as it targets free radicals, thereby preventing them from damaging fibroblasts and lipids (fats) that play a role in protecting the skin from UV exposure or skin irritants (e.g., pollution) . Zinc oxide is also linked to anti-aging due to its ability to protect collagen-producing fibroblast and lipids in the skin .
Zinc oxide creates a protective layer on the skin that blocks UV light and in doing so, it hinders UV rays from penetrating the skin. The structure of zinc oxide helps it mix easily with other topical agents and zinc does not absorb deeply into the skin , which reduces the occurrence of skin irritation and is one of the reasons why it is added to sunscreen for individuals with sensitive skin. These properties make zinc oxide a strong UV-blocking shield.
Avocado oil has been shown to support the growth of new connective tissue in skin by promoting collagen synthesis . The lecithin, protein, vitamin D, vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and beta carotene in avocado oil help ease sunburn due to their soothing and wound healing properties .
Beeswax disrupts the growth of bacteria that may harm the skin or cause skin issues . It also has wound healing, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties, and it contains vitamin A, which enhances skin health . Furthermore, it promotes the natural healing of cracked skin, including the lips .
Tamanu oil is easily absorbed by the skin and it has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-itch properties, among others .
Rice bran oil and cocoa butter contain various vitamins, antioxidants, fatty acids, and proteins that promote skin health by helping repair free radical skin damage . Cocoa butter also has anti-inflammatory properties .
JoJoba oil has anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and wound healing properties that support skin health .
Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide 20% + Organic Aloe Vera + Organic Coconut Oil + Organic Resveratol, Grape Juice
Organic Aloe barbadensis juice*, cocos nucifera (organic coconut) oil*, pyrus malus (organic apple) juice*, vitis vinifera (organic white grape) juice*, caprylic/capric triglyceride‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†, sorbitan stearate, ricinus communis (castor seed) oil+, polyglyceryl-10 laurate, magnesium sulfate, helianthus annuus (organic sunflower) seed oil*, simmondsia chinensis (organic jojoba) seed oil*, tocopherol (Vitamin E)+, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate (Vitamin C), sodium hyaluronate‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†, malus domestica (apple) fruit cell culture extract+, vitis vinifera (grape) fruit cell extract+, citrus medica limonum (lemon) leaf cell extract+, phenethyl alcohol, ethylhexylglycerin‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä†, citrus reticulata (mandarin) oil+, citrus aurantium (petitgrain) oil+. May contain: iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
* = Certified organic ingredient
‚Äö√Ñ‚Ä† = plant derived / origine v‚àö¬©g‚àö¬©tale
Apply generously to face and neck and blend in. Can be used under your makeup. Cool steel appliator can be used to diretly apply product to your skin.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Hodges RE, Minich DM. Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Foods and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application. J Nutr Metab. 2015;2015:760689.
2. Dreno B, Trossaert M, Boiteau HL, Litoux P. Zinc salts effects on granulocyte zinc concentration and chemotaxis in acne patients. Acta Derm Venereol 1992;72:250-2.
3. Amer M, Bahgat MR, Tosson Z, et al. Serum zinc in acne vulgaris. Int J Dermatol 1982;21:481-4.
4. Michaelsson G, Ljunghall K. Patients with dermatitis herpetiformis, acne, psoriasis and Darier's disease have low epidermal zinc concentrations. Acta Derm Venereol 1990;70:304-8.
5. de Oliveira AP, Franco Ede S, et al. Effect of semisolid formulation of persea americana mill (avocado) oil on wound healing in rats. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:472382.
6. Koraƒá RR, Khambholja KM. Potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation. Pharmacogn Rev. 2011;5(10):164-73.
7. Al-Waili NS. Mixture of honey, beeswax and olive oil inhibits growth of Staphylococcus aureus and Candida albicans. Arch Med Res. 2005;36(1):10-3.
8. Wagh VD. Propolis: a wonder bees product and its pharmacological potentials. Adv Pharmacol Sci. 2013;2013:308249.
9. Raharivelomanana P, et al. Tamanu oil and skin active properties: from traditional to modern cosmetic uses. OCL. 2018;25(5):D504.
10. Rigo LA, da Silva CR2, et al. Nanoencapsulation of rice bran oil increases its protective effects against UVB radiation-induced skin injury in mice. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2015;93:11-7.
11. Saporito F, Sandri G, et al. Essential oil-loaded lipid nanoparticles for wound healing. Int J Nanomedicine. 2017;13:175-186.
12. Pazyar N, Yaghoobi R, et al. Jojoba in dermatology: a succinct review. G Ital Dermatol Venereol. 2013;148(6):687-91. 13.Smijs TG, Pavel S. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide nanoparticles in sunscreens: focus on their safety and effectiveness. Nanotechnol Sci Appl. 2011;4:95-112.
14. Cabrera √ÅJ. Zinc, aging, and immunosenescence: an overview. Pathobiol Aging Age Relat Dis. 2015;5:25592.
15. Mohammed YH, Holmes A, et al. Support for the Safe Use of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticle Sunscreens: Lack of Skin Penetration or Cellular Toxicity after Repeated Application in Volunteers. J Invest Dermatol. 2019;139(2):308-315.