- Book that discusses six key areas of breathing, mindset, sleep, exercise, diet, and supplements that can boost telomeres naturally
- Discusses the role that the loss of telomeres has on health and premature aging.
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Women who are pregnant, nursing, or planning on becoming pregnant should not take telomere-enhancing supplements. Individuals with autoimmne diseases should not take telomere-enhancing supplements.
Telomeres are the sequences of DNA at the ends of chromosomes. They naturally wear down over time, and shorten when cells replicate, this gradually leads to cell death and aging [1-6]. Enhanced telomere survival through increased telomerase enzyme activity subsequently influences the health of lung, brain, mammary, endothelial, and hematopoietic cell, among others [1-3]. In particular, supplements (e.g., Astragaloside IV) heighten telomere activity and subsequently promote immune system function, cell longevity, anti-aging, and overall health [4-6].
Boost telomere health ; DNA and Cellular Health/Longevity [1-3]
Research shows that certain substances (e.g., astragaloside IV) function as telomerase activators. Telomerase is the enzyme that is responsible for maintaining the length of telomeres by adding of guanine-rich repetitive sequences to the ends of telomeres [1-3]. Telomeres are the sequences of DNA at the ends of chromosomes. Enhanced telomerase activity leads to the maintenance of long telomeres, which increases cell survival, this enzyme also influences the activity of immune system cells, and the ability of substances such as astragaloside IV to reactivate the telomerase enzyme also leads to anti-aging as this enzyme protects the ends of chromosomes [4-6]. Six key areas of health that help improve telomere survival such as breathing, mindset, sleep, exercise, diet, and supplements are presented in this book.
Key Ingredients: The Telomere Miracle Book
All Ingredients: The Telomere Miracle Book
The Kindle ebook can be downloaded after it is purchased and read at an individual's convenience.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Yung LY, Lam WS, Ho MK, et al. Astragaloside IV and cycloastragenol stimulate the phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase in multiple cell types. Planta Med. 2012;78(2):115-21.
2. Bensky D, Gamble A, Kaptchuk TJ. Chinese herbal medicine: materia medica. Revised edition. Seattle: Eastland Press; 1993: 581
3. Chen G, Huang W. Progress in pharmacological effects of compositions of Astragalus membranaceus. Chin J New Drugs 2008;17:1482-1485.
4. Wang Y, Li X, Song C, Hu Z. Effect of astragaloside IV on T, B lymphocyte proliferation and peritoneal macrophage function in mice. Acta Pharmacol Sin 2002;23:263-266.
5. Xu H, You C, Zhang R, Gao P, Wang Z. Effects of Astragalus polysaccharides and astragalosides on the phagocytosis of Mycobacterium tuberculosis by macrophages. J Int Med Res 2007;35:84-90.
6. Fauce SR, Jamieson BD, et al. Telomerase-based pharmacologic enhancement of antiviral function of human CD8+ T lymphocytes. J Immunol 2008;181:7400-7406.