- High potency biotin supplement that promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Biotin 5000mcg in cold-pressed Organic Coconut Oil
- May help restore healthy hair, skin and nails in individuals who are biotin deficient
- Helps maintain hair, skin, and nail moisture
- Targets skin and scalp irritation
- Targets weak, brittle nails
- Manufactured and packaged in a cGMP certified facility in the USA
- Ingredients are not bought in bulk or pre-bottled, ensuring freshness
- Non-GMO project-verified veggie Biotin softgel available
- Free of milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, peanuts, wheat, soy, gluten, and GMOs
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Contains tree nuts (coconut) that some people may be allergic to
Sports Research is an ecommerce based company that focuses on sports performance products including waist trimmers, thermos, yoga mats and supplements. They are based in San Pedro, California. Some of their products sell in GNC and other stores.
High potency biotin supplement helps improve skin, hair, and nail health, while targeting a number of complications that are linked to a biotin deficiency such as hair loss, brittle nails, and skin problems (e.g., irritation, inflammation, rashes, infections) [1-4].
Coconut oil has been shown to promote hair, skin, and nail health due to its moisturizing properties [5-8].
Strong, healthy hair, skin, and nails [1-4]
Biotin boosts metabolism and functions as a co-enzyme that enhances the breakdown of proteins, carbohydrates, fats (fatty acids) and other nutrients that nourish the hair, skin, and nails [1-7]. Fatty acids in particular, strengthen the protective outer layer of the body's cells, including those that make up the skin and hair follicles . Therefore, biotin promotes healthy hair, skin, and nail growth by ensuring that vital nutrients are released from food and properly transported throughout the body (e.g. scalp and hair follicles). Research shows that maintaining optimal levels of biotin in the diet stops soft, brittle nails from splitting by promoting thicker and harder fingernails [4, 8, 9].
Coconut oil supports moisture retention of hair follicles, dry, irritated skin (e.g., scalp), as well as the nails and it helps targets skin inflammation [10-13].
Key Ingredients: Biotin (as d-Biotin USP) 5000 mcg; Organic Virgin Coconut oil
All Ingredients: Biotin (as d-Biotin USP); Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; V-gel Capsule (Tapioca, Vegetable Glycerin, Rice Wax, Purified Water)
As a dietary supplement, healthy adults take 1 liquid veggie softgel daily with food. Best when taken as directed by a qualified healthcare professional. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Consult with a qualified healthcare professional prior to using this product, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, have diagnosed medical conditions, or are taking prescription medications. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Do not use if safety seal is damaged or missing. Store in a cool (77 F), dry place. Do not expose product to excessive light, hear, or moisture.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Zempleni J, Wijeratne SSK, Hassan YI. Biotin. Biofactors 2009;35:36-46.
2. Zempleni J, Mock DM. Biotin biochemistry and human requirements. J Nutr Biochem. 1999;10(3):128-138.
3. Zempleni J, Hassan YI, Wijeratne SS. Biotin and biotinidase deficiency. Expert Rev Endocrinol Metab. 2008;3(6):715-724.
4. Hochman LG, Scher RK, Meyerson MS. Brittle nails: response to daily biotin supplementation. Cutis 1993;51:303-305.
5. Maarouf M, Platto JF, Shi VY. The role of nutrition in inflammatory pilosebaceous disorders: Implication of the skin-gut axis. Australas J Dermatol. 2019;60(2):e90-e98.
6. Trueb RM. Serum biotin levels in women complaining of hair loss. Int J Trichology 2016;8: 73-77.
7. Wakil SJ, Abu-Elheiga LA. Fatty acid metabolism: target for metabolic syndrome. J Lipid Res. 2009;50 Suppl:S138-43.
8. Colombo VE, Gerber F, Bronhofer M, Floersheim GL. Treatment of brittle fingernails and onychoschizia with biotin: scanning electron microscopy. J Am Acad Dermatol 1990;23:1127-1132.
9. Floersheim GL. [Treatment of brittle fingernails with biotin]. Z Hautkr 1989;64:41-48.
10. Agero AL, Verallo-Rowell VM. A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Dermatitis 2004;15:109-16.
11. Evangelista MT, Abad-Casintahan F, Lopez-Villafuerte L. The effect of topical virgin coconut oil on SCORAD index, transepidermal water loss, and skin capacitance in mild to moderate pediatric atopic dermatitis: a randomized, double-blind, clinical trial. Int J Dermatol. 2014 Jan;53(1):100-8.
12. Rele AS, Mohile RB. Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage. J Cosmet Sci. 2003;54(2):175-92.
13. Koraƒá RR, Khambholja KM. Potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation. Pharmacogn Rev. 2011;5(10):164-73.