They come from different types of fish
Carlson Norweigan Cod Liver Oil
Passes mercury, lead and PCB contaminants See Carlson Cod Liver Oil test results by IFOS
- Contains 255mcg Vitamin A, 400IU Vitamin D, 6.7mg Vitamin E
- IFOS certified 5 out 5 star - This is the most well respected certification for omega 3s. They test for purity, safety and stability. It means that this oil met the standards and passed the test for not having too high of content in lead, mercury, arsenic and much more. IFOS also tests for stability to make sure the oils have not oxidized.
- Professional strength, superior quality cod liver oil from wild-caught Nordic fish supports vision, brain, heart, and joint health
- One (1) teaspoon is an excellent source of 1100 mg of omega-3s, including the fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid and docosahexaenoic acid (EPA and DHA)
- Cod liver oil is also a good source of vitamin A, D, and E
- Sustainably sourced and closely managed from sea to store to ensure maximum freshness
- Oil is extracted the same day the fish are caught and transported to a highly regulated Norwegian facility for processing and purification
- Highest quality Arctic cod off the coast of Norway
- Carlson employs manufacturing techniques that protect the effectiveness of the nutrients by avoiding the use of excessive heat, moisture, and solvents
- Carlson Cod Liver Oil is bottled with trace amounts of antioxidants and is given a nitrogen flush to remove oxygen and help prevent oxidation
- Omega-3s are tested by an FDA-registered laboratory for freshness, potency, and purity
- IFOS and IGEN Non-GMO certified
- Free of artificial preservatives
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Fish oil may cause gastrointestinal discomfort in some people
Carlson Norweigian Cod Liver Oil has one of the best levels of omega with over a gram of total omegas. 1,285mg omega 3 (402mg EPA, 588mg DHA) was the strength/potency test results obtained by IFOS which means they put in more omega than their label claims (1,100mg omega) to ensure stability and quality over time. See test results for Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil by IFOS
Carlson Norweigian Cod Liver Oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support heart health, promote optimal cholesterol levels, and enhance mental health through its ability to help protect against dementia and other age-related cognitive problems, and it targets depression, inattentiveness, and hyperactivity [1, 2]. Cod liver oil also an excellent source of vitamin D, which supports optimal mental performance, enhances immune system function, strengthens muscles and bones, helps protect skin cells from UV damage, and has anti-cancer properties [3-8]. Furthermore, cod liver oil supports healthy blood sugar levels and targets inflammation [8, 9]. It also contains vitamin A that promotes wound healing [8-10]. Cod fish usually contains more vitamin E than other warm water fish and this particular vitamin boosts the immune system and overall health .
Carlson Norweigian Cod Liver Oil passed purity tests for contaminants which makes this a very safe cod liver oil. Furthermore, being rated 5 star by IFOS gives this fish oil the golden seal of approval that you are taking a quality fish oil.
Launched in 2004, IFOS (International Fish Oil Standards) is Nutrasource's oldest and most well-known certification. Thousands of products around the world proudly bear the IFOS certification mark as a symbol of transparency and quality.
IFOS provides a way for companies to test their products to the highest quality, safety, and purity standards in the world.
IFOS analyzes products through independent, third-party laboratories using internationally-recognized analytical methods and equipment. Test methods are typically run in accordance with global pharmacopeias (such as USP, EP, and JP) or other recognized methods (including AOAC, FDA, and BAM).
Key Ingredients: Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (4.6 g); Omega-3 Fatty Acids- 1,100 mg: [DHA- (500 mg) and EPA- (400 mg)]; Vitamin A (from cod liver oil and retinyl palmitate) - mcgRAE (850 IU); Vitamin D (from cod liver oil and cholecalciferol - 10 mcg (400 IU); Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol and mixed tocopherols) - 6.7 mg
All Ingredients: Cod Liver Oil; Trace amounts of natural antioxidants