- Highly-prized organic Criollo beans supply 100% raw, organic cacao for increased energy and optimal health
- Rare, premium, Criollo beans from Peru account for about 2-3% of the global production for cacao beans
- Fermented, washed, and dried a low temperatures to protect the nutrients
- Excellent source of nutrients including flavonoids (antioxidants), magnesium, amino acids, and many more
- Delicious healthy snack that can be eaten straight from the bag
- Antioxidants improve cellular defenses by targeting free radicals (toxins)
- Supports whole body cell rejuvenation and natural repair
- USDA Certified Organic
- Earth Kosher
- Non-GMO verified
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Packaged in a facility that handles tree nuts, Cacao may cause digestive upset for some people, Too much caffeine can also cause adverse effects for some people
Cacao contains numerous health-enhancing substances that include antioxidants (e.g., flavonoids), healthy fats, starch, proteins (theobromine), natural sugars, amino acids, and caffeine . Research shows that it contains nutrients that boost energy, mental performance, sleep quality, responses to stress, respiratory function, blood circulation, cholesterol and blood sugar metabolism, and thyroid function, among other benefits [1-4].
Overall health; Increased energy, Enhanced cognition, Improved immune system function, Heightened circulatory and respiratory health [1-4]
Cacao contains one particularly beneficial flavonoid called epicatechin, which has been shown to enhance mental performance and mood as well as improve responses to emotional stress . The flavonoids in cacao also interact with various proteins and enzymes that help prevent oxygen radical-induced (toxin-induced) cell death, especially for cells in the brain . It also contains a protein called theobromine, which boosts cognition and targets age-related changes in brain function .
Pure cacao also contains phenylethylamine HCl (PEA), which is a substance produced in the body that has powerful energizing and mood-lifting properties. It is often associated with the ‚Äö√Ñ√≤Runner's High' as it promotes a feeling of euphoria, especially after intense exercise .
In addition, cacao contains serotonin, tryptophan, phenylethylamine, tyrosine, tryptamine and tyramine, all of which play a role in numerous processes including promoting healthy sleep quality, improving thyroid function, targeting fatigue, and increasing mental and physical performance [1, 2].
The combination of antioxidants, minerals, amino acids, etc., allow cacao to support optimal thyroid function, blood pressure levels, cholesterol balance, digestive function, blood sugar regulation, and respiratory health, among others health benefits .
Roasting cacao beans can lower the concentration of nutrients (e.g., antioxidants) in cacao, but processing them at a low temperature as opposed to roasting them protects their nutrients .
Key Ingredients: Organic cacao beans (Theobroma cacao)
All Ingredients: Organic cacao beans (Theobroma cacao)
Serving size: 1 bean is 3 grams. Refrigeration is not required. Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Nehlig A. The neuroprotective effects of cocoa flavanol and its influence on cognitive performance. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2013;75(3):716-727.
2. Irsfeld M, Spadafore M, Pr√º√ü BM. Œ≤-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact. WebmedCentral. 2013;4(9):4409.
3. Clapperton J. Contribution of genotype to cocoa (Theobroma cacao L.) Tropic Agric (Trinidad) 1994;71:303-308.
4. Lee KW, Kim YJ, Lee HJ, Lee CY. Cocoa has more phenolic phytochemicals and a higher antioxidant capacity than teas and red wine. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51(25):7292-5.