- Pure, raw, organic, and certified cacao powder sourced from rare and high quality Ecuadorian Criollo cacao beans promotes long-term health
- Excellent source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, amino acids, magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, and more
- Beans are hand-selected and processed at low temperatures to protect the powder's flavor, nutrients, and raw properties
- Great for milk shakes, hot chocolate, smoothies, desserts, baked goods, healthy shakes, etc.
- Fair trade product
- Resealable bag
- Keto and Paleo-Friendly
- Free of sugars and fillers
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Cacao may cause digestive upset for some people, Too much caffeine can also cause adverse effects for some people
Cacao contains numerous health-enhancing substances that include antioxidants (e.g., flavonoids), healthy fats, starch, proteins (theobromine), natural sugars, amino acids, and caffeine . Research shows that it contains nutrients that boost energy, mental performance, sleep quality, responses to stress, respiratory function, blood circulation, cholesterol and blood sugar metabolism, and thyroid function, among other benefits [1-4].
Overall health; Increased energy, Enhanced cognition, Improved immune system function, Heightened circulatory and respiratory health [1-4]
Cacao contains one particularly beneficial flavonoid called epicatechin, which has been shown to enhance mental performance and mood as well as improve responses to emotional stress . The flavonoids in cacao also interact with various proteins and enzymes that help prevent oxygen radical-induced (toxin-induced) cell death, especially for cells in the brain . It also contains a protein called theobromine, which boosts cognition and targets age-related changes in brain function .
Pure cacao also contains phenylethylamine HCl (PEA), which is a substance produced in the body that has powerful energizing and mood-lifting properties. It is often associated with the ‚Äö√Ñ√≤Runner's High' as it promotes a feeling of euphoria, especially after intense exercise .
In addition, cacao contains serotonin, tryptophan, phenylethylamine, tyrosine, tryptamine and tyramine, all of which play a role in numerous processes including promoting healthy sleep quality, improving thyroid function, targeting fatigue, and increasing mental and physical performance [1, 2].
The combination of antioxidants, minerals, amino acids, etc., allow cacao to support optimal thyroid function, blood pressure levels, cholesterol balance, digestive function, blood sugar regulation, and respiratory health, among others health benefits .
Roasting cacao beans can lower the concentration of nutrients (e.g., antioxidants) in cacao, but processing them at a low temperature as opposed to roasting them protects their nutrients .
Key Ingredients: 100% Certified organic cacao powder
All Ingredients: Certified organic cacao powder
Add to bake mix or desserts. Mix with smoothies and beverages. Sprinkle over yogurt and fresh fruit. Refrigeration not required. Store in cool, dark, dry place.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Nehlig A. The neuroprotective effects of cocoa flavanol and its influence on cognitive performance. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2013;75(3):716-727.
2. Irsfeld M, Spadafore M, Pr√º√ü BM. Œ≤-phenylethylamine, a small molecule with a large impact. WebmedCentral. 2013;4(9):4409.
3. Clapperton J. Contribution of genotype to cocoa (Theobroma cacao L.) Tropic Agric (Trinidad) 1994;71:303-308.
4. Lee KW, Kim YJ, Lee HJ, Lee CY. Cocoa has more phenolic phytochemicals and a higher antioxidant capacity than teas and red wine. J Agric Food Chem. 2003;51(25):7292-5.