Amara Organics Vitamin C Face & Body Lotion 15%
Phenoxyethanol (safe in small amounts- toward end of ingredient list)
- A nice moisturizing body lotion with aloe as the first ingredient
- Application feels silky smooth with quick absorption
- We believe it's a great after sun mositruizer due to the aloe content
- Many say it is not greasy which is a huge benefit for a lotion
- Many say it does not cause any breakouts or skin blemishes
- Has some Vitamin C - the derivative Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- Sunflower seed and Palm oil help smooth skin (has smaller amounts of shea + jojoba which are great for skin moisturization)
Beneficial ingredients in lower ammounts include: Glycerin, Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Green tea, Vitamin E
- No Petrochemicals, No Parabens, No Artificial colors, No Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates, No DMDM Hydantoin/Diazonial Urea, No EDTA, No TEA, DEA, or MEA, No Phthalates, No Methylisothiazolinone
- Not tested in animals
- Contains some organic ingredients
- Company located in Oregon
Ingredients Concern: Phenoxyethanol (2-4 on EWG, may irritate skin), safe in small amounts
- The Vitamin C is in the middle of the ingredient list which means it is diluted by the other ingredients which is quite fine for a body lotion.
- In reality, this is a nice smoothing aloe lotion with some beneficial ingredients
The strength as a moisturizer is fantastic a "5". However because it is marketed as Vitamin C lotion and vitamin C is lower on the ingredient list it is given a lower strength score.
The results as a moisturizer is fantastic a "5". However, because it is marketed as Vitamin C lotion for wrinkles and fine lines -- and vitamin C is lower on the ingredient list, it is given a lower results score. We wouldn't expect that you would see a huge anti-arinkle benefit from this. However it is great after sun moisturizer that will help smooth your skin. If you have dry skin, we think you will like this product.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that penetrates the membrane of cells throughout the body, thereby boosting the health of skin, bone, tendon, and muscle cells as well as immune system function . Camellia sinensis leaf extract (green tea) contains antioxidants such as epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which combat UV-induced DNA damage in the skin . Jojoba seed oil and aloe barbadensis boost the body's natural wound-healing processes [6, 7]. Vitamin E oil helps create a protective barrier on the surface of the skin .
Key Ingredients: Aloe + Sunflower Seed Oils + Palm Oils + Contains some Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C)
Beneficial ingrdedients in lesser amounts: Glycerin, Shea Butter, Jojoba oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Green tea, Vitamin E
All Ingredients: Aloe Vera Juice (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice)*, Deionized Water (Aqua), Sunflower Seed Oil (Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil)*, Isopropyl Palmitate (Sustainable Palm Oil), Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethyl Sulfone (MSM), Stearic Acid, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii Butter), Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil)*, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract)*, Gotu Kola Extract (Centella Asiatica Extract)*, Horsetail Plant Extract (Equisetum Arvense Extract), Wild Geranium Extract (Geranium Maculatum Extract), Dandelion Extract (Taraxacum Officinale Extract)*, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.