- Naturally derived organic coconut charcoal powder, not hardwood
- Typically produces visible teeth whitening after 1-2 uses
- Natural and gentle enough to be used twice daily for consecutive days until the desired degree of whitening is achieved
- Can be used on occasion to keep the teeth white after the desired level has been achieved
- Hassle free as you can brush like normal
- Long lasting as one jar typically lasts for 2-3 months depending on the usage
- Can be used alone or in combination with regular toothpaste
- Free of chemicals and bleach
- Made in the USA
- 3rd party tested for safety
Ingredients Concern: Sodium Bicarbonate
Cons: Teeth whitening experiences tend to vary depending on usage and each person's starting point in relation to the color of the teeth. Using too much or brushing too hard may damage enamel.
Active Wow is a small company with a goal of helping spread happiness through smiles. Active Wow exists to help give you the confidence you need to show-off that naturally beautiful smile.
Coconut charcoal works by pulling stain-causing particles off of the teeth through a process called adsorption (1). Bentonite is a detoxifying agent that absorbs toxins (2, 3).
Stain removal for teeth
Coconut powder is a good adsorbent agent that promotes particle removal from aqueous solutions (1). It is structurally stable, has high water absorptivity, and a highly porous nature (1). Bentonite supports detoxification due to its poly-cationic nature, which leads to absorption of negatively charged toxins (2, 3). Orange seed oil has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that can help heighten the teeth whitening experience (4, 5).
Key Ingredients: Organic Activated coconut charcoal, Bentonite, Orange seed oil
All Ingredients: Organic coconut charcoal, Bentonite, Sodium Bicarbonate, Coconut oil, Mint flavor, Orange seed oil
Use a soft toothbrush and make it slightly wet. Remove excess water from the brush and dip it into the charcoal powder. Dab off excess powder as only a small portion is needed. Gently brush the teeth for 1-2 minutes. Rinse the mouth thoroughly to remove the charcoal. Spit directly into the sink and use water to keep the sink clean.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
References: 1. Okafor PC, Okon PU, et al. Adsorption capacity of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.) shell for lead, copper, cadmium, and arsenic from aqueous solutions. Int J Electrochem Sci. 2012;7:12354-12369. 2. Moosavi M. Bentonite clay as a natural remedy: A brief review. Iran J Public Health. 2017;46(9):1176-1183. 3.Williams LB, Haydel SE, Ferrell RE. Bentonite, Bandaids, and Borborygmi. Elements (Que). 2009;5(2):99-104. 4. Pinheiro MM, Miltojeviƒá AB, et al. Anti-inflammatory activity of Choisya ternata Kunth essential oil, ternanthranin, and its two synthetic analogs (methyl and propyl N-methylanthranilates). PLoS One. 2015;10(3):e0121063.
5. Matiz G, Osorio MR, et al. [Effectiveness of antimicrobial formulations for acne based on orange (Citrus sinensis) and sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L) essential oils]. Biomedica. 2012;32(1):125-33.