- Vaginal probiotic supplement with clinically documented vaginal strains
- Helps restore a healthy balance of beneficial flora
- Enhances urinary tract health
- Provides 5 billion viable cells per veggie capsule
- Coated with EnteroGuard, a proprietary food-grade, pH-sensitive enteric coating that resists stomach acid
- Blister-Packed For Superior Stability
- Suitable for vegans/vegetarians
- Protected by U.S. Patent 8,846,027 and European Patent 2,509,610, which are owned by HSO Health Care GmbH, Vienna, Austria, and licensed in the U.S
- Free of major allergens such as wheat, gluten, soybeans, dairy, egg, fish/shellfish, or peanuts/tree nuts
Ingredients Concern: None discovered
Cons: Probiotics may cause stomach discomfort in some people
Probiotics, especially Lactobacillus strains, disrupt the growth of foreign invaders such as Candida yeast and subsequently probiotics are often recommended to help disrupt infections, which in turn improves immune system activity [1-3]. Candida species are the most common cause of yeast infections [1-3]
Furthermore, research shows that taking 5 billion CFUs of probiotics daily promotes health, they can be taken safely on a regular basis, they do not typically interact with any medication, and they rarely cause adverse effects .
Vaginal health [1-3, 5]; Balance of vaginal flora ; Enhanced vaginal and urinary tract health [1-3, 5]
Probiotics such as Lactobacillus strains support optimal digestive, vaginal, and urinary function by releasing enzymes that help digest food as well as enzymes that target foreign invaders (e.g., Candida yeast) [1-3].
Lactobacillus strains are among the most prevalent and dominant types of beneficial vaginal microbiota, and they produce hydrogen peroxide (H202), which also helps maintain healthy levels of good vaginal flora, thereby promoting both vaginal and urinary tract health .
Key Ingredients: Lactobacillus crispatus LbV 88; Lactobacillus jensenii LbV 116; Lactobacillus gasseri LbV 150N; Lactobacillus rhamnosus LbV 96 (Total 5 billion CFUs)
All Ingredients: Lactobacillus crispatus LbV 88; Lactobacillus jensenii LbV 116; Lactobacillus gasseri LbV 150N; Lactobacillus rhamnosus LbV 96; Tapioca starch; Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose (Vegetarian capsule); pH-sensitive enteric coating: modified cellulose, magnesium silicate, triethyl citrate, sodium alginate; cellulose gum.
For maintenance, take 1 capsule per day. Increase to 1 capsule twice daily as needed, or take as directed by your qualified healthcare professional. Take at least 1-2 hours after taking antibiotics. Do not use these Enteric-Coated capsules for direct vaginal insertion. No refrigeration is necessary. Does not require refrigeration and it is best to store the capsules in a cool, dry place. Avoid storage at temperature above 77 degrees Fahrenheit (25 degrees Celsius).
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Gomes AC, de Sousa RG, Botelho PB, Gomes TL, Prada PO, Mota JF. The additional effects of a probiotic mix on abdominal adiposity and antioxidant Status: A double-blind, randomized trial. Obesity (Silver Spring, Md). 2017, 25(1):30-38.
2. Kechagia M, Basoulis D, et al. Health benefits of probiotics: a review. ISRN Nutr. 2013;2013:481651.
3. Rask C, Adlerberth I, Berggren A, Ahren IL, Wold AE. Differential effect on cell-mediated immunity in human volunteers after intake of different lactobacilli. Clin Exp Immunol. 2013, 172(2):321-332.
4. Kliglerr B, Cohrssen A. Probiotics. Am Fam Physician. 2008, 78(9):1073-1078.
5. Cribby S, Taylor M, Reid G. Vaginal microbiota and the use of probiotics. Interdiscip Perspect Infect Dis. 2008;2008:256490.