Super strength, skin rejuvenating cleanser with BHA for radiant, glowing skin
- Formulated with 16 high-performance ingredients that provide gentle chemical and physical exfoliation
- Ideal for clogged, dull, and uneven skin
- Dissolves buildup with pomegranate, sunflower, and phytic acid salt
- Refines pores with pink grapefruit, bergamot, and coral clay
- Hydrates the skin with aloe, crystalline coconut, coconut liquid crystals, and kimchi
- 100% natural ingredients provide clear, healthy-looking skin with a smooth, matte finish
- Superior deep-cleaning power that doesn't dry out the skin
- Formulation, manufacturing, packaging is done by hand at Tata's farm in Vermont
- Best of Beauty award winner-Allure
- Cosmos Organic certified with 80% of the total ingredients from organic farming
- Free of fillers, synthetic chemicals, toxins, fragrances, and artificial colors
- 80% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming.
COSMOS ORGANIC certified by Ecocert Greenlife according to COSMOS Standard
Ingredients Concern: None
Cons: None discovered
Tata couldn't find 100% natural products that were up to her impeccable standards of efficacy, quality, and purity. So, she made them herself on her own farm. Her team of experts develop high quality products by sourcing over 300 different ingredients from more than 68 countries, particularly organic ingredients. Up to 75% of the manufacturing costs are for raw ingredients that are added to special formulations. The formulations are also scientifically supported. This is one of our favorite brands. Typically, you will not see this many quality ingredients in one product.
BHA (Beta hydroxy acid) targets clogged pores, promotes the shedding of dead skin cells, and helps targets the appearance of age spots and wrinkles .
Pomegranate, sunflower, and phytic acid salt help flush out impurities and contain powerful nutrients such as vitamin E, linoleic acid, oleic acid, and stearic acid that create a barrier on the surface of the skin that helps dissolve and block build up [2-4].
Pink grapefruit, coral clay, and bergamot help cleanse the skin and have skin cell rejuvenating properties [5-7] They also have occlusive properties that help minimize pore size and lower the loss of water from the skin [5-7].
Aloe, coconut, and kimchi are naturally antioxidant and mineral-rich, which makes them beneficial toward soothing, rejuvenating, and moisturizing the skin for a clear, smooth, soft skin texture [8-11].
Skin cleansing [1-5]; Skin exfoliation [1-4]; Pore minimization [5-7]; Skin hydration [8-11]; Skin health [1-11]
Salicylic acid (BHA-Beta hydroxy acid) has comedolytic properties that make it a helpful peeling compound that targets the appearance of aging including, acne, photodamage, and dark spots .
Pomegranate, sunflower and phytic acid salt have antioxidant properties that target free radicals and other substances that are linked to skin issues [2-4].
Pink grapefruit, coral clay, and bergamot use significantly lessens trans-epidermal water loss and heightens moisture retention in the skin [5-7]. In addition, these ingredients contain antioxidants that target invaders linked to unhealthy inflammatory levels (e.g., free radicals) that can damage the skin [5-7].
Aloe, coconut, and kimchi strengthen the protective outer layer of the skin by supporting moisture retention on dry, irritated skin [8-11]. These nutrients also help target abnormal inflammatory responses in the skin [8-11].
Key Ingredients: Pomegranate, sunflower, phytic acid salt, pink grapefruit, bergamot, coral clay, aloe, crystalline coconut, coconut liquid crystals, kimchi
All Ingredients: Hordeum Vulgare Leaf Juice*, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate, Propanediol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Oil, Sorbitan Olivate, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Arnica Montana (Arnica) Extract*, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Leaf Extract*, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract*, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract*, Spiraea Ulmaria (Meadowsweet) Extract*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil*, Coco-Glucoside, Cetearyl Glucoside, Kaolin (White Clay), Sclerotium Gum, Citrus Aurantium (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Palmitate, Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Phytate, CI 77491 (Red Iron Oxide), Alcohol, Limonene, Citral, Linalool
*Ingredients from Organic farming / Ingr‚àö¬©dients issus de l'agriculture biologique
For best results, apply to dry skin and massage gently to activate and polish. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Use daily AM & PM.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
1. Arif T. Salicylic acid as a peeling agent: a comprehensive review. Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. 2015;8:455-61.}2.Jing L, Lei Z, Li L, et al. Antifungal Activity of Citrus Essential Oils. J Agric Food Chem. 2014;62(14):3011-3033.}3. Abdulwaliyu I, et al. Clinical Nutrition Experimental Investigation of the medicinal significance of phytic acid as an indispensable anti-nutrient in diseases Author links open overlay panel. Clinical Nutrition Experimental. 2019;28:42-61.} 4.Danby SG, AlEnezi T, et al. Effect of olive and sunflower seed oil on the adult skin barrier: implications for neonatal skin care. Pediatr Dermatol. 2013;30(1):42-50.} 5.De Luca M, et al. Lipids from Microalgae for Cosmetic Applications. Cosmetics. 2021; 8 52.} 6.Murray JC, Burch JA, et al. A topical antioxidant solution containing vitamins C and E stabilized by ferulic acid provides protection for human skin against damage caused by ultraviolet irradiation. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2004;26(5):231-8. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008;59(3):418-25.} 7.Perna S, et al. Efficacy of bergamot: From anti‚Äêinflammatory and anti‚Äêoxidative mechanisms to clinical applications as preventive agent for cardiovascular morbidity, skin diseases, and mood alterations. Food Sci Nutr. 2019 Feb; 7(2): 369‚Äì384.} 8.Koraƒá RR, Khambholja KM. Potential of herbs in skin protection from ultraviolet radiation. Pharmacogn Rev. 2011;5(10):164-73.} 9.Agero AL, Verallo-Rowell VM. A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis. Dermatitis 2004;15:109-16.} 10.Evangelista MT, Abad-Casintahan F, Lopez-Villafuerte L. The effect of topical virgin coconut oil on SCORAD index, transepidermal water loss, and skin capacitance in mild to moderate pediatric atopic dermatitis: a randomized, double-blind, clinical trial. Int J Dermatol. 2014 Jan;53(1):100-8.} 11.Park KY, et al. Health benefits of kimchi (Korean fermented vegetables) as a probiotic food. J Med Food. 2014;17(1):6-20.